Do Affirmations WORK?
Your Doula Shares Her Thoughts!
The body and the mind... the are crazily interconnected. I can't stress it enough. It may sound super lame and cliche, but if you believe you will - you will, if you believe you won't - you won't.
So, this doula believes that it is of UTMOST importance to wash yourself in positive thinking during your pregnancy and during the labor birthing process to prime your mind, body, and soul for a beautiful birth experience.
If you don't believe that your mind and body are connected, just try doing something intimate (like using the bathroom) in situation that makes you nervous or anxious (maybe out in the open in front of 10 people?). How easily do you think your body would perform? See... I told you... Your body and mind ARE connected!
Some of my doula clients choose to write their own affirmations, while some ask for suggestions from me. You're just a Pinterest search away from finding affirmations that appeal to you.
Here are some examples of birth affirmations that I use with my clients:
You are enough.
Your body was made to do this.
You are strong.
You are doing this.
Your baby is working with your body.
You are calm, peaceful, and strong.
Slow Down. Calm Down. Don't Worry. Don't Hurry. Trust the Process.
You can and You WILL.
To get the most "benefit" from birth affirmations, I highly recommend that you repeat these DAILY during your pregnancy.
- Set a reminder on your phone that pops up with an affirmation at a certain time each day.
- Post them on your bathroom mirror.
- Make a recording of you saying them and listen to them in the car or while you're drifting off to sleep.
- Share them with your partner and have him repeat them to you.
- Tell your doula which affirmations resonate the most with you and have her remind you of them during your labor.
- Focus on saying them during contractions.
All of the ways you utilize your birth affirmations will ultimately create a mindset that will strengthen and encourage you in order to make your birth experience the best experience possible.
What affirmations did you use? Did your doula suggest any? Share below!
<3 Your Knoxville Doula & Chattanooga Doula,